The desert rose (Adenium obesum) is a striking plant with succulent stems and gorgeous red and pink flowers.
- Light: Full sun. Perfect for a sunny window.
- Water: Regular watering during the summer and spring growing season but allow soil to dry out between waterings. Reduce water in the winter, but keep hydrated enough to retain its leaves.
- Temperature: Keep at least 50 F at all times; if you keep temperatures of 60 F or higher during the winter, the plant might retain its leaves.
- Soil: A well-drained succulent mix, with an ideal pH around 6.0 (slightly acidic).
- Fertilizer: Fertilize during spring and summer with controlled-release fertilizer or liquid fertilizer according to label directions.